As the Requesting Investigator, you are asked to agree to and meet the following terms and conditions for any strain produced on your behalf by the T1DR:
1. I confirm that any mouse strain created and provided by the T1DR, once received by my institution, will be maintained and used under an approved Institutional Animal Care and Utilization Committee (IACUC) protocol.
2. If this strain is accepted for production by T1DR, I agree, in a timely fashion, to:
- work with T1DR staff to develop appropriate timelines and milestones for project completion;
- provide any available reagents/resources as requested by the production facility (including but not limited to data, constructs, cell lines, and genotyping protocols);
- complete and submit any MTAs as required to ensure timely transfer of reagents to the T1DR;
- allow for public sharing and distribution of the strain to the research community 9-12 months post-delivery of the strain to the requestor institution;
- take responsibility for the cost of expansion and shipment of the new strain to my institution following genetic validation of project completion by the T1DR.
3. I affirm that the T1DR, as an NIH-supported program, is required to conform with NIH sharing rules and will be required to make the strain, as well as any related T1DR-generated reagents and resources publically available within a reasonable time frame following project completion (usually 9-12 months post-delivery of the strain to the requesting investigator).
4. I agree to cite the T1DR in any publications resulting from use of T1DR generated strains or resources.